D-833 and YSB: Chemical Health- Clinical Services
Chemical Health Spotlight:
Did you know that District 833 and the Youth Service Bureau have partnered to provide two Chemical Health Specialists to deliver services in the high schools?
‘YSB’ is a non-profit located in Washington County and offers a range of services focusing on youth and their families.
Gina Johnson, Prevention Specialist
Colleen O’Neil, LADC, Clinical Specialist
How we help:
Colleen is the Chemical Health Clinical Specialist for District 833. Her role is to help students and families access confidential services including:
- One on one support for students who use substances, have a history of substance use, and/or are impacted by other’s use.
- Support groups such as concerned persons and sober support.
- Family sessions regarding youth substance use focus on connecting families to resources.
- Parent and staff consultation- daily/ weekly communication w/referents and with both admin/counseling staff.
- Chemical health screenings and pre-assessments- as needed, counselor discretion.
- Referrals to outside resources and follow-up support.
- Monday-Woodbury, 7:15am-3:15pmTuesday-East Ridge, 7:15am-3:15pm
Thursday-South Washington Alternative, 7:15a-3:15pm
Friday-Float day (go to which school has greatest need)
Stay tuned for next week’s “Chemical Health Spotlight” on the current substance use trends and their nicknames.
Learn more about all YSB’s Chemical Health Services. Call 651.439.8800 for support!