During this pandemic we want you to know that Youth Service Bureau remains open and clients are welcome to schedule sessions with their therapist in-person and via telehealth!
Telehealth Services: Youth Services Bureau is now offering telehealth for clients and families in addition to in-person sessions. Telehealth is online therapy that allows clients to meet with their provider virtually. Once you are signed up for telehealth, you will receive a link to go to to connect with your therapist. Clients will need a smartphone, tablet, or laptop with a camera, and access to WI-FI. Please call our office at 651-439-8800 if you are interested or would like more details.
We want you to know that Youth Service Bureau is closely tracking this situation. We will follow any guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). We will update clients and staff if there are any changes to standard business operating procedures. Please visit the CDC website to learn more about symptoms and additional information regarding risks and precautions.
Can I Still Attend My In-Person Appointment?
- As of August 17th, in-person sessions have resumed. Clients are asked to call the office upon arrival, wear a mask into the building and use the hand sanitizer provided. More info HERE.
- Each therapist has different availability for in-person appointments. Please call the office at 651-439-8800 for your therapist’s availability.
Additional Family Resources
- COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs
- Supporting Families During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources
- Coping with COVID-19
- Building Developmental Relationships During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Boredom Busters
- Fostering Resilience During Uncertain Times
- Loaves & Fishes – Community Meals
- St. Croix Valley Community Resources
- At Home Family Fun
- Washington County COVID-19 Community Resources