Youth Service Bureau has been serving our communities for more than 40 years. The mission of Youth Service Bureau is helping youth and families learn the skills they need to be more successful at home, in school, and throughout the community. This mission is sustained by our five program areas: Youth-Focused Family Counseling provided by our licensed mental health therapists; Diversion programs that allow kids a second chance; Chemical Health support services which intervene in the life of youth to provide positive alternatives to harmful behaviors; Youth & Family Education which brings practical information to all our audiences; and our Military Family Support program targeted for kids and families experiencing the stress of deployment. Through all our programs, YSB is here to support families and youth, and help them make Better Choices for Brighter Futures.
YSB and our clients have not been immune to the pandemic challenges of 2020 or the youth behavioral health concerns around racial tensions. This past year, the issues that families and youth face have only grown. There have been increases in anxiety, family stress, chemical use, and social isolation. YSB has responded by incorporating telehealth services and reopening our offices with safety precautions. We also increased access to our educational tools to serve the community during this challenging time.
- During the past year, we reached more than 8,600 students in school districts 622, 833, and 834 through our school-based mental and chemical health services during these times of distance-learning and increased challenges for all involved.
- We know from our surveys that the vast majority of youth and their families have told us that, as a result of our counseling services, they were able to better manage or resolve the situations that led them to seek support.
- We also know that more than 80% of kids we served reported an increased resilience to the use of drugs following services with our Chemical Health Specialists.
- We have formally rededicated ourselves to learning and growing through diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
We are grateful that we have been able to serve these needs well, and we know that we will continue to make a difference walking alongside youth and families.
To deepen our community connections, we ask for your support.
We ask you for four things:
- Please tell us how we can support you and your family more during these challenging times. Email us at email@example.com
- Let us know what tools you might need that we can share with your family, your faith community, your community groups, and your neighborhood that will help address behavioral health needs in our youth.
- Let others know that we are open, and refer families to YSB.
- Consider making a contribution today as part of your annual giving so that we can help more youth and families. Your financial gift allows YSB to help others in your community!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and for your contribution to our services and programs!