Youth and Family Therapist
Youth Service Bureau (YSB) is hiring a therapist to work directly with youth and families. YSB is a nonprofit, located in Washington County, that has been operating for over 40 years – and we know kids! Our services focus on early intervention and family engagement.
If you have experience and a compassionate interest in providing family therapy services, come join our dedicated team! We are seeking a fully licensed mental health professional to work full-time in a flexible environment that encourages you to use your creativity. YSB will also accept applications from those who are about six months out from becoming fully licensed.
- This position is based out of our Stillwater, MN office
- Professional development is supported along with generous benefits and retirement plan options.
Chemical Health Specialist
Position Overview: Provide chemical use screenings, early intervention, and related support services to students and their families in collaboration with middle schools and high schools in ISD 834 (Stillwater).
• Provide individual support to students with current or past substance use, and students impacted by a loved one’s substance use.
• Engage parents/caregivers to support youth and make appropriate referrals to outside resources, such as mental health therapy and other chemical health support.
• Provide various support groups based on student need (e.g. awareness, concerned persons, skill-building, etc.).
• Participate in student support team meetings at assigned schools and provide effective consultation with school partners.
• Demonstrate leadership in collaborating with a wide range of youth serving organizations, school districts, and local community organizations.
• Assist students and their families with transitions into, or back from, chemical health treatment.
• Provide education and training to school staff, students, parents, and community.
• Engage schools in prevention efforts, such as health messaging, newsletters, student clubs promoting health and wellness, and other initiatives.
• Regular travel to multiple school locations.
• Participate in regular supervision meetings.
• Attend monthly staff meetings.
• Participate in gathering and reporting of various outcome data.
• Maintain records and enter timely, accurate data, including intake and discharge information.
• Report to supervisor monthly on productivity.
• Other duties as assigned
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant connects the public to agency programs and activities and provides specialized administrative support to all agency staff. This position supports several departments and performs administrative tasks as assigned.
Youth & Family Education Information Table Events
Position Overview: YSB hosts information tables at local events. We welcome you joining us to provide resource to our friends, neighbors, and community members. If you enjoy meeting people, this is a great opportunity for you. The time commitment varies yet the rewards are great. You help in providing support to those wondering where to find care for their loved ones!
If you are interested, please contact Youth & Family Education Coordinator, Merri Guggisberg, at email@example.com
Volunteer opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Committee participation (decorating, donations, etc.)
- Helping to solicit sponsorship
- Event support (Day of)
- Recruiting attendees
- Distributing marketing materials
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Willingness to learn and share about the core mission of YSB and get others excited to participate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality
- Opportunity to support the mission of YSB
- Gain new skills or improve skills you already have
- Record of volunteer service for related work and/or school purposes
- Specific projects (like decorations, donor recruitment, marketing/PR, and/or sponsorships), can be one time or with a small group
- Ongoing as needed leading up to the event (Committee Participation)
YSB is not offering any internship opportunities at this time.