Youth and Family Therapist
Title: Youth & Family Therapist – Hiring/Retention Bonus!
Reports to: Behavioral Health Program Director
Position Overview: Provide supervised assessment and psychotherapy services to youth ages 5-24 and their families.
- Provide assessment and therapy services to clients as assigned, with 80% of time spent in direct-service delivery.
- Maintain client records and enter timely and accurate data.
- Provide youth and families with referrals to other services in the community as needed.
- Provide community education on youth and family related topics.
- Actively participate in regular clinical supervision and consultation meetings.
- Maintain ongoing contact with referral sources.
- Participate in various outcome measure procedures.
- Services will be provided in multiple settings, including schools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- M.A., M.S. or M.S.W. in Psychology, Social Work, or related field.
- Previous experience providing therapy services to youth and families.
- Demonstrated experience with developmental needs of youth and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of service providers (county services, medical providers, schools, police, and community agencies).
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and daily access to an automobile for traveling purposes.
- Licensed or pursuing full professional licensure as LP/LICSW/LMFT/LPCC.
- Previous experience in a school setting.
- General knowledge of service area, community conditions and local resources is desired.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Chemical Health Specialist
Position Overview: Provide chemical use screenings, early intervention, and related support services to students and their families in collaboration with middle schools and high schools in ISD 834 (Stillwater).
• Provide individual support to students with current or past substance use, and students impacted by a loved one’s substance use.
• Engage parents/caregivers to support youth and make appropriate referrals to outside resources, such as mental health therapy and other chemical health support.
• Provide various support groups based on student need (e.g. awareness, concerned persons, skill-building, etc.).
• Participate in student support team meetings at assigned schools and provide effective consultation with school partners.
• Demonstrate leadership in collaborating with a wide range of youth serving organizations, school districts, and local community organizations.
• Assist students and their families with transitions into, or back from, chemical health treatment.
• Provide education and training to school staff, students, parents, and community.
• Engage schools in prevention efforts, such as health messaging, newsletters, student clubs promoting health and wellness, and other initiatives.
• Regular travel to multiple school locations.
• Participate in regular supervision meetings.
• Attend monthly staff meetings.
• Participate in gathering and reporting of various outcome data.
• Maintain records and enter timely, accurate data, including intake and discharge information.
• Report to supervisor monthly on productivity.
• Other duties as assigned
Youth & Family Education Information Table Events
Position Overview: YSB hosts information tables at local events. We welcome you joining us to provide resource to our friends, neighbors, and community members. If you enjoy meeting people, this is a great opportunity for you. The time commitment varies yet the rewards are great. You help in providing support to those wondering where to find care for their loved ones!
If you are interested, please contact Youth & Family Education Coordinator, Merri Guggisberg, at email@example.com
Volunteer opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Committee participation (decorating, donations, etc.)
- Helping to solicit sponsorship
- Event support (Day of)
- Recruiting attendees
- Distributing marketing materials
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Willingness to learn and share about the core mission of YSB and get others excited to participate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to protect and maintain confidentiality
- Opportunity to support the mission of YSB
- Gain new skills or improve skills you already have
- Record of volunteer service for related work and/or school purposes
- Specific projects (like decorations, donor recruitment, marketing/PR, and/or sponsorships), can be one time or with a small group
- Ongoing as needed leading up to the event (Committee Participation)
YSB is not offering any internship opportunities at this time.